This committee is composed of MetSoc Publications Chair, CMQ editor, CIM Journal, Members from Materials and members from metallurgy to discuss and plan the MetSoc publications strategy. MetSoc publications include our Conference Proceedings, special volumes, participation in the CIM Journal, and our own Canadian Metallurgical Quarterly journal.
COM 2023: Conference Proceedings Published by Springer
Once again, MetSoc will have the pleasure to work with Springer publishing house to produce the 2023 Conference Proceedings. To purchase the COM 2022 Proceedings visit Springer
Back Publications - Free for members
Currently, we are hard at work converting past proceedings to a downloadable PDF format – free of charge to all MetSoc members. Any publication published by MetSoc prior to 2017 is free of charge. Spread the knowledge!
Awards & Scholarships
Our committee has created several awards for both professionals and students.
Metsoc Pyrometallurgy Student Award - in Honor of Professor Toguri
Pyrometallurgy Best Paper Award
(not open to general nominations)
The Publication committee’s responsibilities include:
- Voice of members and authors
- Ensure that the information is readily accessible
- Explore new opportunities for publication marketing and sales growth
- Review MetSoc policies and standards
- Review publishing contracts
- Monitor tasks listed in the strategic plan
- Recommend initiatives to provide suitable recognition to authors for their work
- Ensure CMQ and CIM Journal are published in a timely way with recommended specials from MetSoc
- Consider proposed changes pricing of publications and make recommendations to the Board
- Undertake studies and duties at the request of the Board
Materials Science and Engineering, McMaster University
The Publications Chair is primarily responsible for the administrative aspect of publication and for handling all communication between the editorial and the production side of the publication process. In addition, the Chair ensures adherence to MetSoc’s publication policies and standards for publication.