The award recognizes highly significant contributions to technological advancements and innovation in industrial applications in the field of materials engineering.
- Fill in the contribution box – a summary of why this person is being nominated (see item 3) with any information not included in the CV.
- Fill in the citation – in 15 words, what this person is being recognized for.
- Upload either a concise CV of the nominee or in the case of a process, a recent paper, relevant to the process being nominated. Nominators should consider approaching nominees themselves to request the CV. In the case of a process, the recent paper is likely already available. The CV should contain the following information:
- Major contributions relevant to the award – contributions to materials-related technological advancements and innovation in industry (Contributions that have not been previously recognized through the MetSoc Distinguished Materials Science Award)
- A record of at least five relevant patents and papers authored by the nominee plus a count of other patents and papers.
- A service history related to CIM/MetSoc if applicable
- A record of the years of membership in CIM
- A listing of volunteer activities if applicable
- A listing of awards previously received
- Industrial experience/achievements: list of projects/outcomes that lead to significant materials related to technological advancements and innovation
- At least two references from the industry
- A nominator can put forward only one candidate up for nomination in each award category.
- No Member of the Executive Board shall be nominated while in office. The nomination will be held until the term on the executive board is expired.
- Each award shall be made from time to time as circumstances warrant with no more than one award recipient per year.
- The nominators are responsible for verifying that all conditions of the award have been satisfied and all procedures were properly followed in making the nomination.
- All nominations will stand for three years.
- The adjudication of the award shall be made by the MetSoc Awards Committee.
- The award shall be presented at the Awards Banquet of the Conference of Metallurgists.
- Posthumous awards will be allowed only if the candidate has already been shortlisted.
- Self-nominations are not permitted.
The award nomination program is closed for 2023.